12 Days of Christmas Travelers Gift Guide
By College Tourist Contributor of 11/07/17
Everything the traveler on your holiday gift list could dream of for their next trip.
1. Northface Fly Weight backpack: This backpack is super lightweight and folds up into a little pouch so you can easily stuff it into a carry on or purse. It’s not super supportive so it’s not the best for long treks but it’s great for exploring and day trips! – Margot Delancy
2. S’well Official 17oz Waterbottle: I always need a water bottle on me to stay hydrated when traveling and to avoid constantly buying plastic bottles (save money and the environment!). I have a s’well bottle on my Christmas list for this year because they keep water cold/hot for long periods of time, are cute, and they partner with a lot of charities! – Brianna Thompson
3. Nomadix Travel Towel: A travel towel. It has been incredibly helpful to have a light and quick drying towel that can pack easily. The Nomadix towels also look cool and are very versatile. – Trent Broeckel
Enjoy This Travel Read: 10 Tips for the Traveling Hipster.
4. Mophie PowerStation: This has been lifesaving for me and my friends while traveling since you need to use your phone for almost everything, but outlets can be hard to find. – Trent Broeckel
5. Bombay Brown Leather Journal: I might be a little old fashioned, but one of my all-time favorite travel gifts is a leather journal. I love writing my memories down, sticking in ticket stubs, and the feel of old-school leather that makes my writing seem like a lost fairy tale. – Courtney Van Hoosen
Enjoy this Travel Read: 33 Signs You Were Born To Study Abroad.
6. Samsonite Magic 2 In 1 Pillow: Something I would HIGHLY recommend for all traveler is a convertible travel pillow, like this one from Samonsite. Not only is it PERFECT for planes and trains, it’s super easy to snap on to any backpack or suitcase, plus I’ve used it countless times as a pillow at hostels and other napping places. It works as your standard neck pillow, but also a comfy square pillow for a better night’s rest on a bed. – Courtney Van Hoosen
7. Canada Goose Burnett Men’s Jacket: Turns out Germany is as cold as advertised during the winter. Having a jacket like this would make my travels much warmer. – Trent Broeckel
8. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera: I would really like a Polaroid camera! One of my friends had one this past summer and I think it’s such a fun way to document adventures! – Alex Brookhart
9. TETON Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack: A decent backpack is on my list. I wish I had a backpack like this while I was in Europe. My back would have appreciated a high-quality backpack with all the carrying I did. – Sage Larson
10. Co-Ordinates Necklace in Sterling Silver from Etsy: We love the idea of a necklace with the co-ordinates of their hometown or favorite place. I had one made for my birthday last year that has the coordinates of my hometown! I always wear it when I’m traveling to remind me of home. Definitely a fun gift! – Alyssa Benson
11. The Best Things in Life are Free: Travel Book by Lonely Planet: This book is packed full of money-saving tips, tricks and recommendations for the best-value sights and experiences around the world. From parks, museums and exercise classes that are free, to insider ideas on food and experiences offered at great value, this book features over 60 major cities around the world and promises to help any traveller on a budget to make the most of their trip.
12. Here’s gift for you! Share a festive picture on Instagram with us @officialcollegetourist #collegetouristfestive for a chance to receive one of our limited addition gold festive T.Shirts all through December.