15 Reasons I Loved Being a College Tourist
Of course, I will always be a College Tourist at heart but looking back, these were the 15 reasons I loved being one abroad.
By Vicky Saperstein, Marist College
I decided to poke fun at some of my experiences so I hope you enjoy! In no particular order, here is the list:
1. Big ben being a 10 minute tube ride away. Oh and being neighbors with the royal couple.
2. drinking a minimum of three cups of tea per day. lets not forget about the biscuits…
3. not being able to eat waffles ever again because they’re not from belgium. (If you didn’t know, belgium waffles are DELICIOUS)
4. searching for leprechauns in old irish castles and beautiful irish landscapes.
5. buying an endless amount of souvenirs for family or friends and always buying an extra something for yourself.
6. pretending the currency was monopoly money so spending it didn’t seem that bad. until you checked your bank account, that is.
7. accents. everywhere. perfection.
8. riding on a gondola in the beautiful venice.
9. climbing every tower imaginable. if there were stairs, they were climbed.
10. pinching yourself because yes, that is the eiffel tower in front of you. no textbook or magazine here.
11. continuing to pinch yourself because yes, this is real life.
12. class school trips consisting of concerts, pubs, breweries, sport stadiums or events. oh, and your professor buying you a pint of beer.
13. vandalizing has never been so much fun.
14. having photo shoots at every landmark.
15. loving every second of your life, despite the struggles because being a college tourist is amazing!