18 Ways You Know You Went to College in North Carolina
Pull up Your Adirondack Chair, College in the Carolinas.
1) The entire city shuts down on the possibility of snow.
2) You return home (out of the south) and your family gives you questioning looks because you said “thanks dear”, “here ya go sweetie”, and “y’all”.
3) Going to the beach is just a normal weekend away, so is going to the mountains, they’re both so close!
4) Duke Tower image is drawn in Pictionary to identify the entire city of Charlotte.
5) Your apartment swimming pool is open year-round.
6) You define different shades of blue as either Carolina or Duke.
7) Breakfast isn’t the same without a bowl of grits.
8) A night of summer fun includes school bus racing.
9) You know what “it’s Bo Time” means.
10) Christmas at the racetrack is tradition.
11) You’ll never miss that trivia question “where did Pepsi originate?”
12) Biltmore – ‘nuff said.
13) You discover places like Lizard Lick.
14) You realize that all the trees are beautiful, however, the pollen they leave you, is not.
16) There’s a Waffle House everywhere you turn.
17) Christmas feels just a little bit different…