20 Fashion Items Every College Girl’s Closet Needs
Whether you are packing to start your Freshman year or you want to add to your collection, this list is full of ideas that can help fill your closet with college-fashion essentials!
1. Every college student needs a place to put their ID card. This Vera Bradley ID holder comes in so many colors that fit any personality!
2. A good pair of jeans is a necessity for any closet. These Gap 1969 jeans are my favorite.
3. A blazer is always helpful to have in your closet. Dress up a pair of jeans or wear with dress pants for an interview.
4. Scarves are one of those multi-purpose items. Wear them to keep warm in the winter or wear them in spring as a pop of color.
5. Sunglasses are the perfect accessory to any outfit. They are great for watching those college baseball games or after those late nights.
6. A little black dress is something that every college girl should have! From sorority events to interviews, a LBD can do no wrong.
7. Black flats go with so many outfits! When I don’t want to wear heels, I put on my black flats from Target.
8. Yoga pants are my best friend. Don’t feel like putting on jeans for class? No problem, throw on your Victoria’s Secret yoga pants.
9. A camisole is always good to have on hand. They can be worn under a blazer or to yoga class.
10. As a student-athlete, I wore sweat pants any time that I could. Having at least one pair of sweat pants is a good idea for lounging around in.
11. A denim jacket is great for going downtown or going to class. I love wearing my Lucky Brand denim jacket over sundresses to concerts.
12. A versatile necklace is really handy to have. I love my circle necklace for interviews or birthday dinners. It goes with any outfit!
13. You never know when you will need a pair of running shoes. I love my Asics because they’re comfortable and come in so many colors!
14. A black purse goes with virtually any outfit. I love wearing my strap across my body when I’m out and about to prevent my purse from getting stolen.
15. Nude pumps are a must-have. From interviews to luncheons or dressing up a pair of jeans, I love my Katie and Kelly pumps.
16. Sweat shirts are one of my favorite items because there are so many styles and colors. Crewnecks are my personal favorite.
17. While going to school in Indianapolis, rain boots were a necessity. I wore them with jeans or leggings. There are so many cute patterns and colors to choose from.
18. Baseball caps are a great addition to a wardrobe. They can help cover up a bad hair day or help accent the side-braid.
19. A cute sundress is important to have in your closet. They can be worn to concerts or to birthday dinners! Dress them up with heels or down with cowboy boots.
20. High-waisted shorts are one of my favorite fashion trends. They come in lots of colors and are super-flattering. I found mine at Forever 21.
While not all of these items may be for you, hopefully some of these are ones that you want to add to your closet! Comment below with your favorite fashion items and Happy Shopping!