28 Travel Quotes That Will Make You Want to Book Your Next Flight Now
So much to see, so little time.
If you’re anything like me, you’d be content to jump on the next plane to anywhere at anytime. There’s probably nothing else I would rather be doing. However, in case you needed some motivation, here are 28 travel quotes that will rev up your wanderlust:
1. “You can’t have a narrow mind and a thick passport.” – Pauline Frommer
Becoming open minded is an inevitable benefit to traveling.
2. “If you think travel is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” – Paulo Coehlo
A little risk can be invigorating and even necessary at times.
3. “Yūgen (n) – Origin: Japanese – An awareness of the universe that triggers emotional responses too deep and mysterious for words.”
Any place that inspires Yugen is not to be taken for granted.
4. “Better to see something once than to read about it a thousand times.”
Don’t be content to settle for someone else’s experiences or ideas. Some people will tell you Paris is dirty and overrated. Others will tell you it’s magical. Go and decide for yourself.
5. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
Yes, cliché. But it helps to justify all the money spent on plane tickets.
6. “Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself.”
And often it happens when you’re not looking.
7. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.”
Just yes, honestly.
8. “Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.”
A change in scenery is often both well-needed and well-received.
9. “Fernweh (n.) Origin: German – An ache for distant places, a craving to travel.”
I understand this as well as if I actually spoke German.
10. “The only adventure you’ll regret is the one you didn’t take.”
If there are mishaps, it just makes for a better story.
11. “Travel; it leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller.”
Live a life worth telling stories about.
12. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page.”
You’ve probably already heard this, but it’ll always be relevant.
13. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
If it doesn’t scare you at least a little bit, is it even worth it?
14. “Coddiwomple (v) Origin: English – To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.”
If your plans are vague then technically nothing can go wrong, right?
15. “Life is short and the world is wide.”
It’s amazing what a truly small place in it each of us occupies.
16. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
There isn’t a place that isn’t worth seeing at least once.
17. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.”
The joy is in the journey.
18. “A comfort zone is a really beautiful place where absolutely nothing gets done.”
Life truly begins when you leave it.
19. “It’s a funny thing, coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
When the familiar begins to feel foreign, you know you’ve traveled well.
20. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.”
Because needing to know specifics is overrated.
21. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
Don’t allow your days to slip by without ever leaving your harbor.
22. “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
Which one will you be?
23. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
Traveling is always an enriching experience; if it offers a distraction from the real world for a bit, even better.
24. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
If you’re gonna do it, do it well. Immerse yourself.
25. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.”
Friendly reminder that your education shouldn’t be limited to a classroom.
26. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
Who wouldn’t rather have a broad, wholesome, charitable view as opposed to one of prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness?
27. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
Honestly, part of traveling is learning to get over yourself. Learn. Adapt. Embrace. Enjoy.
28. “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
Don’t save your trip for later, you never know what will come your way. Take the opportunities in front of you to see the world.
What are you waiting for?