48 Thoughts After A Semester Abroad.
Just because you’re back in America doesn’t mean you’re mentally prepared for life post-abroad.
Here are 48 thoughts we’ve all had after a semester abroad.
1. I forgot how long this flight is.
2. Am I still legal?
3. It’s weird being back in the states. Does anyone here actually call it “The States”?
4. WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. WRONG SIDE.
5. Oh. Nevermind.
6. I miss my flat.
7. What is sleep. Why am I awake right now.
8. Is it too soon to travel again?
9. Wait, why are flights in America so expensive?
10. I can’t believe I missed Thanksgiving. Every one should experience Thanksgiving.
11. I hope my cat remembers me, oh please please please remember me.
12. Please don’t be mad at me, kitty.
13. If I don’t unpack, it’s like I’m still abroad.
14. A home cooked meal that isn’t pasta? Yes please.
15. This soda tastes weird. Has it always tasted like this? Did they change it while I was gone?
16. Chips… wait fries… no wait which is it.
17. Have our portions always been this big?
18. Did the last four months actually happen?
19. Am I talking about it too much? Should I stop?
20. No one understands. I’m not doing this trip justice. Help.
21. Pictures… Everyone must see pictures.
22. It’s sweater weather… I can totally cover up those ten extra pounds.
23. I need a haircut.
24. The American dollar is so boring! Who do I talk to about changing that?
25. I don’t miss the math involved with exchange rates.
26. Or time zone differences.
27. I am such a public transportation pro. We need more of that here.
28. Why do they call it “study abroad”?
29. Do my parents believe I actually studied?
30. I can’t even think about next semester.
31. Has Christmas always been this magical or am I just happy to be home?
32. Everyone’s getting souvenirs this year.
33. Do I have to get my parents gift? Isn’t me being home the greatest gift of all?
34. Why do I feel so nostalgic in the foreign foods aisle at the grocery store?
35. I’m just going to stalk myself on Facebook for a few minutes.
36. I miss my abroad friends. Like a lot.
37. What do you mean I’m not old enough to rent a van in America? How am I supposed to see the world?
38. WRONG SIDE OF THE- oh.
39. I miss the accent.
40. No, I can’t do an impression for you.
41. Can I go back yet?
42. I’m not emotionally or mentally prepared to look at my bank account yet.
43. Woah. I don’t recognize anything on the radio.
44. Watching American movies in America are just… movies.
45. Is it acceptable in America yet to wear a onesie in public?
46. I wish I could go to [insert favorite sushi/curry/Chinese/Korean/fish and chips shop here].
47. Why was I ever scared to go abroad?
48. I need to stop thinking about it. Jk. I can’t.