Join our College Tourist Spring Team 2017.
By College Tourist of 11/21/16
Do you believe in the experiential learning that comes from travel and study abroad?
1) Love travel
2) Experience frequent wanderlust
3) Have already studied abroad…(or will be this semester)
This ambassador program is for you!
As a team, we will grow our community of global student travelers. Our platform is designed as a resource for college students who are passionate about travel. On thecollegetourist.com, students around the globe can find information about planning a journey, choosing a destination and thriving in a new culture. This is the chance to contribute your unique story!
1 TEAM, 4 MONTHS, 8 TRAVEL ARTICLES and A DETAILED SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
College Tourist is looking for adventurous, vibrant and socially connected students to help promote the College Tourist message on their campus and beyond. You will be part of a team which will be involved in fun marketing and social media challenges each week to promote the College Tourist brand. Team members will also create an author’s profile which will be a permanent record of their work.
• Fun promotional weekly tasks on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook.
• Ambassadors will pitch, research and write articles on relevant travel topics — using our educational writing templates — twice per month.
• Represent the College Tourist brand on your campus.
• Ambassadors will be expected to participate fully in the program, including all social media tasks, and will be required to provide reports of their activity.
• The internship will begin January 9th, 2016 and run through April 30th, 2017.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• STUDIED ABROAD OR TRAVELED EXTENSIVELY AS A YOUNG ADULT.
• A strong interest in writing and creating engaging articles targeted at the college student demographic.
• Related experience and a strong interest in social media, including knowledge of the major social media networks.
Students will need to be currently active on all major social media platforms. (including Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Pinterest)
• Excellent writing and grammatical skills with a sound ability to edit content.
• Creative and imaginative thinking.
• Strong social skills, both online and off.
• Strong belief in the benefits of study abroad and travel.
• NO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS PLEASE
Please submit a resume, (including your social media handles) and writing sample via the form below or email at email@example.com
Applications close December 16th
Internship is also open to international students and US students currently outside of the USA.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
Skills and Learning Opportunities
• WordPress and editorial experience
• Guidance in the crafting of engaging online content
• Author’s Profile page containing your work that can be linked to your resume and LinkedIn account
• The potential opportunity for your work to be published on Her Campus, Huffington Post College and other third party sites.
• Increased knowledge and use of SEO
• Social Media marketing experience
• Promotional items and gifts throughout the program dependent on performance.
• Recognition on our Brand Ambassadors site page