Join the College Tourist Summer Team ’17
By College Tourist of 03/23/17
Do you believe in the experiential learning that comes from travel and study abroad?
1 TEAM, 2 MONTHS, 6 BLOG POSTS & A BUNCH OF SOCIAL MEDIA.
About our College Tourist Summer Team
We are seeking current students who have just recently studied abroad and are passionate about travel and social media. If you’d love to inspire others to travel the globe, then this is the summer program for you. College Tourist is looking for adventurous, vibrant and creative team members to contribute to our online publication and social media platforms for June and July, 2017. You will be part of a virtual team who will be involved in fun marketing and social media challenges each week to promote the College Tourist brand. Team members will also create an author’s profile which will be a permanent record of their work.
About College Tourist
TheCollegeTourist.com is the leading collegiate travel blog and global community for students studying abroad and in the USA. We exist to connect students with experiential learning opportunities of a lifetime. We believe that true education begins when young people step outside of their geographic and cultural comfort zone through travel. College Tourist was nominated as one of the Top 100 most Influential Travel Blogs worldwide by the White House Summit on Global Citizenship and Cultural Exchange.
Summer Team Commitment:
• The internship will begin June 1st, 2017 and run through July 31st, 2017.
• Available around 6 hours a week.
• Each team member will be required to submit 3 article per month with tight deadlines for a total of 6 articles. Writing templates will be provided.
• Articles will be approximately 600-800 words and each article should be accompanied by at least 2 pieces of original high-quality photography.
• Participate in virtual social media events, team blog articles and fun challenges with other College Tourist Team members on a weekly basis
• Engage and share your articles and your passion for travel on your social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with our community and have:
• Have studied abroad or currently on study abroad.
• Active and intimate knowledge of the major social media networks. (Must be familiar with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest)
• Students will need to be currently engaging on these platforms, in particular, Twitter, as we will be participating in Team Twitter chats with the travel community.
• An ability to create informative and engaging articles targeted at the college student demographic.
• Detailed orientated self-starter.
• Excellent writing and grammar abilities with a sound ability to edit content
• Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with their peers
• Creative and imaginative thinking
• NO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS PLEASE
Skills and Learning Opportunities
• WordPress and editorial experience
• Guidance in the crafting of engaging online content
• Author’s Profile page containing your work that can be linked to your resume
• The potential opportunity for your work to be published on Huffington Post College, USA Today College and other third party sites.
• Increased knowledge and use of SEO
• Social Media marketing experience, ie; Twitter chat experience
• Interacting with the community on our social platforms to foster relationships
• Work and interact in a team environment.
• This is an unpaid ambassador program however merchandise will be provided.
Please submit a resume, (including your social media handles) and writing sample via the form below or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, May 19th
This internship is also open to international students and US students currently outside of the USA.