Rules and Regulations
Sweepstakes ends on July 9th, 2017 at 11:59 EST time. We’ll pick two (2) winners at random at the completion of the giveaway period. Winners will be contacted via email.
One winner will receive a trip and 10 winners will win one pair of sunglasses from Nectar Sunglasses
You must be 18 or older to be eligible.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the trip is Bus2Alps and Nectar Sunglasses.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of College Tourist 0r Bus2Alps or Nectar Sunglasses, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of The Event, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with The Event and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Event begins on 06/27/2017 at 12:00 AM through 09/07/2107 at 11:59PM. For purposes of these Official Rules all times and days are Eastern US time.
- HOW TO ENTER: Once the entry period has commenced, participants must submit a valid email address into the page hosted on College Tourist or on the College tourist sidebar. Emails will be included in the College Tourist newsletter list. Submission will result in one (1) entry. Only one entry per person/email address is permitted. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- ENTRIES: Entries received after the cutoff time will not be eligible. Automated entries and entry via third party services is prohibited.
- DRAWING: College Tourist will select the entries of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner(s) will be contacted via email, and will be asked to provide proof of identity including full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If the potential winner(s) does not respond within the time frame stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- PRIZE: The prize available to be won in The Event will be posted on the The Event webpage. No substitution may be made, except by College Tourist, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: College Tourist and Lonely Planet are not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of The Event is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend The Event to address the impairment and then resume The Event in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of The Event may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in The Event, entrants agree to release and hold harmless College Tourist and Lonely Planet from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in The Event or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in The Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (C) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of The Event or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in The Event or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in The Event, and in no event shall Sponsor or College Tourist be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, The Event or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New Jersey. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.