Weekend Warriors: London, England
What to Pack to Explore an Incredible City in Style
While I was studying abroad at Harlaxton Manor in Grantham, England for four months, I was fortunate enough to be able to take several weekend trips to London. One weekend in April many of my friends were jet setting across Europe, so I decided to meet my friend in London and explore some new places.
Traveled: From Grantham, England to London, England by East Coast train
Stayed at: The May Fair Hotel
One of my favorite weekends during my whole study abroad experience was this trip to London. I stayed with my friend at The May Fair Hotel, convienetly located in the heart of Mayfair, London within close proximity of Piccadilly, Bond Street and Buckingham Palace. We wandered the areas nearby, took the Tube to Camden Town and visited the London Zoo. Dinner consisted of cocktails and tapas, followed by a night of incredible music at Piano Kensington, and drinks and gambling at the May Fair Bar and the adjoining Palm Beach Casino.
When packing for a weekend getaway such as this, it is important to pack light, but smart.
1. Alexa Chung’s It is a book of inspirations and ideas, and the perfect way to pass the time on my train ride to London.
2. A classic LBD is a flawless choice for exploring the city in style.
3. A Levi’s bomber jacket is the perfect addition for daytime street-style.
4. While a statement necklace and earrings can add an elegant flair to the dress for a night out in the city.
5. Cute and worn-in booties are comfortable enough to explore the city during the day, and also work great for a night out at the city’s hotspots.
6. An umbrella is always an essential for London – you never know when an afternoon shower might hit! We love this world map compact umbrella
7. A stylish cross-body purse pairs perfectly with the LBD and holds all of my essentials for the weekend, such as money and Oyster card.
8. Though England is notorious for its rainy weather, sunglasses can come in handy when the sun does decide to shine (and can also be really helpful to block the pain of a hangover the next morning).
9. My iPhone (and cheesy but fabulous British flag phone case) is a must-have for snapping photos of weekend activities and navigating around the city.