#WeekendWarrior: What to Pack for a Weekend at Hilton Head Island
Traveling from Charlotte, NC to Hilton Head Island, SC
Travelled by: Road Trip by Car.
Stayed at: Holiday Inn Express Suites, Bluffton, SC (approximately 15 minutes from the beach)
Visited: Coligny Beach
• A floral dress takes up minimal space and is a complete outfit on its own. I got mine from Forever21 for less than 20 bucks!
• All-Purpose Sweater from Nordstrom for breezy evenings.
• Black Bikini! Simple and classic. Target is great for mixing and matching bathing suit pieces.
• Coach brand Sunglasses.
• Aveeno Sunblock (at least SPF 35).
• Wedge Sandals! Any brand is great, as long as they are comfortable enough for you to walk and dance in.
• Flat Sandals. These are from Express. I love the nude color because they match everything, but they have rhinestones so they can also dress up a simple summer outfit!
• Daytime Dress, to wear over a bathing suit or alone to brunch on the beach. Mine is from Marshall’s for 14$!
Hilton Head Island makes a great weekend trip for those who live in North or South Carolina or in Georgia. While I was there, I visited Coligny beach which was very crowded with people of all ages–families, college students, even retirees who flock to the area for its famous golf courses. I highly recommend you pack a few water bottles and snacks with you. The beach vendors charge upwards of 4$ for refreshments. We also paid 18$ to rent beach chairs and umbrellas, so you might want to consider bringing some fold-up beach chairs to save some cash.
While you’re in Hilton Head, you should check out a restaurant called “A Lowcountry Backyard” and try their unique southern fare (think biscuits and cajun shrimp and grits). You can’t leave without trying some of their fresh, homemade banana pudding, complete with sugar cookie dough on the bottom! Another great spot is “Pino Gelato.” The owners are Italian and the gelato is just what you’ll need to beat the heat! (Tip: order one scoop of Hazelnut with one scoop of chocolate–it’s basically Nutella in gelato form).