What’s In My Travel Bag?
Top 10 Beauty Travel Bag Essentials
By Jordan Schuman, University of Miami
I’m a makeup hoarder. I admit it. Drugstore makeup and hair/skincare products are kind of my thing, and with a 10 day vacation under my belt, I had a blast packing my suitcase. I even boasted about what a great job I did.
But deciding what to bring is always tough. Leaving some favorites at home is never a fun thing and those choices are hard to make. You know, parting is such sweet sorrow.
So I delved into the beautysphere to bring you the must-have products that will have you looking flawless on that trip!.
1. Shaving Cream: Skinmate Scents Moisturizing Shave Gel in Raspberry Rain
I love this fruity scent and it leaves my legs silky smooth, perfect for traveling everywhere!
2. Dry Shampoo: Psssst Travel Size Instant Dry Shampoo
A new try for me! It was perfect for travel with its claims of volumizing and breathing life into second-day hair. Long days at the pool and other activities called for a spritz of some dry shampoo.
3. Face Wash/Daily Moisturizer: Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer SPF 15 in the morning and Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser and Scrub at night
So important! Since your day might be a little more action packed than normal, it’s important to treat your skin well so you aren’t too dry or oily. Changing locations can do a number on your skin between pimples and dryness, so I really try to wash my skin every night and moisturize it every morning to try to normalize things a bit! The moisturizer I use has some SPF in it and I wear it under all of my makeup. It’s great to know no matter what the day has in store, I’ll be protected all day long!
4. Summertime Makeup: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in1 Beauty Balm, Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer, Revlon Lash Potion Waterproof Mascara, Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light.
In the summertime, I like to switch to some lighter makeup that doesn’t feel so heavy on my face and that I know won’t sweat off. Instead of using primer, foundation, concealer, blush and all of my eye makeup, I just wear a BB cream (which covers up blemishes), a highlight, and a bronzer to give me a sun-kissed glow. Another important switch- waterproof mascara! No one has time for that to sweat down their face!
5. Nail Polish: Maybelline Color Show Limited Edition Turquoise Paradise.
This trip, I brought with me the nail polish I was wearing on my toenails. I knew I’d be wearing sandals a lot and didn’t want to risk any chips or smudges! Bringing the bottle with me was great for minor touch ups to keep my pedicure looking great.
6. Lip Gloss Bag : CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist and Blush Twist, Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée, Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
I have a lot of lip products. From my red lipstick to coral lip gloss, nude shades, pink shades and everything in between, there’s just no way I can bring it all with me when I travel. I put my most neutral (wearable and versatile) and most loved lip products in a makeup bag I got at Forever 21 and stick it in my suitcase. I still have more than I know what to do with but it helps to narrow down the collection to my most likely choices.
7. Neutral Eye Makeup: NYX Butt Naked Face Palette, Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture.
There’s a place for purple eyeliner and blue mascara, but it’s probably not on vacation. I like to cut my selection down to just the basics: enough to make a smokey eye and a neutral beige look. This really is enough for your purposes, and there’s no wasted space in your makeup bag!
8. Sun Protection: Banana Boat Sport Stick, Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunscreen.
Handy to apply to those sensitive areas, ears, lips, nose and face, this sport stick can pop into any bag or tote. Wet Skin spray has a broad spectrum UVA/UVB because you’re never to young to take care of the gorgeous skin.
9. Soothe your skin: The Body Shop Aloe Body Butter, Banana Boat Aloe Vera.
Just in case you had a little to much sun, sooth your skin with a little help.
10. Emergency Kit: Band-aid, Advil, Benadryl.
Walking around in high heels?, you may just get a blister and with all that luggage lifting you may need a Advil. Dusk at night sometimes brings out those mosquitoes, Benadryl helps those bug bites.
Enjoy packing your cosmetics wherever your next trip takes you. Think about where you’ll be and what you’ll be doing there. It definitely helped me to decide what I needed!.