15 things that all students in New York will understand
1. You make fun of the people in the south complaining about their 40-degree weather in the winter. The Polar Vortex has got nothin’ on you.
2. The response you get from saying, “I’m from Upstate New York” follows with “what is there to do in Syracuse?”
This is NOT what Syracuse looks like!
3. You know everything about your professors including their car, the name of their pets, where they live, and of course, their kids…
4. Somehow you have never been to the Statue of Liberty, but pretend like you know all about it.
5. You have experienced all 4 seasons in a matter of days.
6. You knew what a “Guido” was before the reality show, Jersey Shore, ever existed.
7. You have been to a Broadway play more than once.
8. You aren’t phased by the weird looking people on the subway… even the “show time” enthusiasts.
But you would rather it look like this
9. Your daily diet consists of pizza and bagels because nothing else compares to their deliciousness.
10. Living in a house with more than 8 girls is considered a brothel.
11. For Greek life, the size of chapters are the size of pledge classes in the south.
12. Trying to find a school that looked like Hogwarts was an important part of your decision-making process when looking for colleges.
My friend Kelly exploring her inner Harry Potter
13. Everyone still wears Ugg boots when they are so five years ago.
14. Forget about stepping outside to see if fall has started to bloom yet. Just check your Instagram to see the same colorful tree that everyone posted.
15. In the winter, you just don’t go to the gym, no one wants to walk outside to watch their sweat turn into icicles, just no.
We would rather be doing this.