You Know You Grew Up on an Island When…
16 fun things that all islanders will understand!
By Terah Summers, University of Hawai’i at Manoa
1) if you are more than 4 miles away from a beach you start to panic
2) you already have 20 bikinis…but whose counting?
3) daylight savings….wait what’s that???
4) you buy that cute scarf even though you know you’ll NEVER use it
5) who needs a white christmas anyways?
6) umm how do you turn on a heater?
7) slippers> uggs any day, everyday!
8) you own a beach bag.
9) you still have sand in you hair the day after going to the beach
10) the weather is beautiful AGAIN but I have midterms….sigh
11) even jaws couldn’t keep you out of the ocean